Red Hat® Enterprise Performance Tuning teaches senior Linux® system administrators about performance tuning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Course Duration: 4 days / 32 hours.
Cost: To be announced soon.
Prerequisites / Before taking this course:
- RHCE Certification
- Introduction to performance tuning
- Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
- Collecting, graphing, and interpreting data
- Gain proficiency using basic analysis tools and evaluating data.
- General tuning
- Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
- Limiting resource usage
- Hardware profiling
- Understand and analyze hardware.
- Software profiling
- Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
- Small file tuning
- Tune a server for a workload involving frequent reads and writes of small files.
- Large memory workload tuning
- Understand memory management and tuning.
- Tuning for a CPU-intensive workload
- Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
- File server tuning
- Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
- Database server tuning
- Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
- Power usage tuning
- Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
- Virtualization tuning
- Tune ‘host’ and ‘guest’ for efficient virtualization.
After this course:
- EX442 exam: Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning