Red Hat® Server Hardening (RH413) builds on a student’s Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience to provide an understanding of how to secure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system to comply with security policy requirements.
Duration: 4 days / 32 hours.
Cost: INR 15,000.
Prerequisites / Before taking this course:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer certification
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification
- Track security updates
- Understand how Red Hat Enterprise Linux produces updates and how to use yum to perform queries to identify what errata are available.
- Manage software updates
- Develop a process for applying updates to systems including verifying properties of the update.
- Create file systems
- Allocate an advanced file system layout and use file system encryption.
- Manage file systems
- Adjust file system properties through security related options and file system attributes.
- Manage special permissions
- Work with set user ID (SUID), set group ID (SGID), and sticky (SVTX) permissions and locate files with these permissions enabled.
- Manage additional file access controls
- Modify default permissions applied to files and directories; work with file access control lists.
- Monitor for file system changes
- Configure software to monitor the files on your machine for changes.
- Manage user accounts
- Set password-aging properties for users; audit user accounts.
- Manage pluggable authentication modules (PAMs)
- Apply changes to PAMs to enforce different types of rules on users.
- Secure console access
- Adjust properties for various console services to enable or disable settings based on security.
- Install central authentication
- Install and configure a Red Hat Identity Management server and client.
- Manage central authentication
- Configure Red Hat Identity Management rules to control both user access to client systems and additional privileges granted to users on those systems.
- Configure system logging
- Configure remote logging to use transport layer encryption and manage additional logs generated by remote systems.
- Configure system auditing
- Enable and configure system auditing.
- Control access to network services
- Manage firewall rules to limit connectivity to network services.
After this course:
- EX413: Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening exam