Red Hat® Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale deployment and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems.
Duration: 4 days / 32 hours.
Cost: To be annouced soon.
Prerequisites / Before taking this course:
- RHCE Certification
- Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management.
- Install Red Hat Satellite
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
- Red Hat Satellite organization
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
- Use Subversion to manage changes
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
- Red Hat Satellite client configuration
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
- Red Hat Satellite software management
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
- Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
- Configuration file management with Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
- Provision with Red Hat Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal.
- Red Hat Satellite administration
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
- Red Hat Satellite API and reports
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
- Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
- Comprehensive review
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.
After taking this course:
- EX401 exam: Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management