This course is specifically designed for students who have completed Red Hat® System Administration I (RH124).
Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) focuses on the key tasks needed to become a full time Linux® administrator.
Duration: 4 days / 32 hours.
Cost: INR 6000.
Note: You may be able to get a discounted pricing subject to certain terms and conditions. Contact us for more details
Prerequisuite / Before taking this course:
- RH124: Red Hat System Administration 1
- Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
- Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
- Create and Edit text files with vim
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
- Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
- Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
- Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
- Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
- Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
- Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
- Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
- Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
- Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
- Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process
- Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.
- Training: RH254: Red Hat System Administration 3
- Certification Exam: EX200: Red Hat Certified System Administrator