This course relates to Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7. Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration “survival skills” by focusing on core administration tasks.
Duration: 5 days / 40 hours
Cost: INR 6000.
Note: You may be able to get a discounted pricing for this course subject to certain terms and conditions. Contact us for more details
Prerequisuite / Before taking this course:
- Elementary computing and networking knowledge
- Access the command line
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Manage files from the command line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
- Create, view, and edit text files
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Manage local Linux users and groups
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
- Control access to files with Linux file system permissions
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
- Control services and daemons
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
- Configure and secure OpenSSH service
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
- Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux networking
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Archive and copy files between systems
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
- Install and update software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
- Access Linux file systems
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Use virtualized systems
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
- Comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course.
- RH134: Red Hat System Administration 2