Automation with Ansible and Ansible Tower (DO410) is designed for IT professionals who want to develop standardized automation of the enterprise IT environment in order to improve operational efficiency by using Ansible. You will learn how to use Ansible for automation, configuration, provisioning, and management, and how to use Red Hat®Ansible Tower to centrally manage Ansible at an enterprise scale. This course combines the content from Automation with Ansible (DO407) and Automation with Ansible II: Ansible Tower (DO409)
Duration: 5 days / 40 hours
Cost: To be announced
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (EX200 certified)
- Describe the terminology and architecture of Ansible.
- Deploy Ansible
- Configure Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
- Implement playbooks
- Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
- Manage variables and inclusions
- Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
- Implement task control
- Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
- Implement Jinja2 templates
- Employ a Jinja2 template.
- Implement roles
- Create and manage roles.
- Configure complex playbooks
- Learn and replicate how Ansible executes plays and tasks using host patterns, delegation, and parallelism.
- Implement Ansible Vault
- Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
- Troubleshoot Ansible
- Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
- Install Ansible Tower and describe Ansible Tower’s
- Explain what Ansible Tower is and demonstrate a basic ability to navigate and use its web user interface.
- Create users and teams for role-based access control
- Create user accounts and organize them into teams that can be used in conjunction with role-based access control to manage administration and access to organizational resources in Ansible Tower.
- Create and manage inventories and credentials
- Build inventories of machines to manage and set up credentials that will allow Ansible Tower to run jobs on those systems.
- Manage projects for provisioning with Ansible Tower
- Create basic projects and job templates in Ansible Tower that can be used to run Ansible playbooks in order to provision and configure managed systems.
- Construct advanced job workflows
- Use additional features of job templates to improve workflows by creating simple job launch forms and templates to launch multiple jobs in sequence, and also to report job success or failure through external notification systems.
- Update inventories dynamically and compare inventory members
- Use advanced techniques to work with inventories, including dynamic generation of inventories from centralized information sources and monitoring of hosts in an inventory for configuration deviations or differences.
- Maintenance and administration of Ansible Tower
- Perform routine maintenance and administration on Ansible Tower and establish a basic familiarity with the command line tools and the Ansible Tower API.