The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX401) tests candidates’ knowledge, skills and ability to use Red Hat-supported products, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Network Satellite to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
An RHCE who passes this exam will have earned a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise that also counts towards earning Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
Cost: INR 15000 + service tax
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Configure Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite server
- Create child channels of a base channel
- Create different types of RHN users
- Create groups and add group administrators
- Create configuration channels
- Create a custom RPM spec file and build a binary RPM from provided source code
- Upload custom RPMS to an RHN Satellite server
- Create activation keys
- Assign groups, software channels, and configuration channels to an activation key
- Configure errata
- Provision RHN Satellite Server clients using kickstart
- Set up an SVN version control repository
- Kickstart a machine using Cobbler
- Manage virtual systems using RHN Satellite server
- Clone channels and use a cloned channel
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.